Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday--Easy Breakfast Casserole

It's that time of the week--Tasty Tuesday! I'm sorry if I haven't posted since last Tuesday, but my week was horrible and I decided to spend my free time with my kiddos. Hope you understand. Today, I'm bringing you a recipe I found years ago (with no credit resources anywhere, sorry) but I recently started to make it for my family. It's a winner. And funny that I call it Breakfast Casserole, because as my daughter pointed out the last time we had this, we've never actually had this at breakfast time. This is my standby for Breakfast for Dinner nights (do you have those?--I love them!). What's great about this recipe is that you can really change it up to suit your family, your mood or what you have in the frig--most things work! Serve it along side some fruit and you've got a delicious meal!
Easy Breakfast Casserole



{EASY} Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients
1 pkg. refrigerated croissant rolls (I used reduced fat)
1-2 cups shredded cheese (I use about 1 cup, usually a mix of mozzarella or reduced fat co-jack)
1/2 lb. crumbled, cooked bulk sausage
4 eggs
3/4 c. milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare pan (I use a round stone casserole, but I'd suggest an 8x8 or 9x9 dish if you don't have one like mine) with cooking spray (not if you are using stone!).  Combine eggs and milk and whisk together. Set aside. Take croissant rolls out of the package and lay them in the pan, creating a small edge up the sides of the dish. Pinch seals together. Sprinkle sausage over rolls. Sprinkle cheese over sausage. Pour egg mixture evenly over dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
You could add peppers, onions, bacon, etc. according to the likes of your family.
Breakfast Casserole

This would be great for Easter morning because it takes little time to put together--just cook the sausage the night before and then assemble and bake in the morning. Maybe I will serve it for the first time at breakfast on Easter morning!
Easy Breakfast Casserole

I'm excited to be going to the Taste of Home Cooking School tonight with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I've been twice in the past and usually pick up a good tip or two as well as some tasty recipes! Have you ever been? Maybe I'll be able to whip something up and share it with you next week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. A little hint from some of the vast reading I've done about blogging. Never apologize when you take a brief break. Just carry on. Most people didn't even notice and if they did they are most happy that you are back with more of your wonderful stuff and don't need an apology. Just passing on some of the things I've learned. Linda

    Oh, and thanks for sharing at What to do Weekends. You help make the party interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinned! Looks delicious. I'm always looking for new ideas for breakfast because I host teams here in Honduras. Thank you for sharing.

    We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-strawberry-cream-omelet/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! This sounds delicious and perfect for Easter morning! Thanks for sharing with us over at Real Housemoms!

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...