Saturday, March 30, 2013

Awesome April Arms--Fitness Challenge

Hi! How have you been? Did you tackle my March Fitness Challege? I tried. I failed, miserably. Those v-ups were killers, which probably means I need to do them more! I never made it to the four sets, but did the 2 sets consistently. Something is better than nothing, right?

Well, Spring is upon us (even though the weather isn't cooperating) and that means we will be showing off our arms more (mine are really pale!) which means its time for another Fitness Challenge just for our arms.

I found this workout over at FitSugar and I think it is the perfect way to get those toned arms ready for Spring and Summer (aka sleeveless tops, maxi dresses...). You can add this to your daily cardio routine or as they suggested, pair it with your lower body workout. I am going to do this 3 times a week for the entire month. I'm using 8 lb weights at home and 10 lb weights at the gym, but you can use whatever weights you have. Don't have weights? Nonsense...use soup cans or filled water bottles! The important thing to remember is to feel fatigued on the last couple of reps. If you aren't, you need to move up in weight.

You can click on the picture and print it or PIN it for future use!
arm exercise printable

I found examples of the exercises on Women's Health Magazine's website--it's a great resource for healthy recipes, workouts, etc. And they offer daily/weekly email newsletters, too!:

Arm Fitness Challenge

PUSHUP Photo: womenshealthmag.com













BICEP CURL Photo: womenshealthmag.com


SHOULDER PRESS
Photo: blog.womenshealthmag.com





















BACK ROWS Photo: womenshealthmag.com












TRICEP DIPS Photo: womenshealthmag.com














LATERAL RAISE Photo: womenshealthmag.com















TRICEP KICKBACKS Photo: womenshealthmag.com













So, what do you say...are you going to join me? Hope so! Let me know if you're in!

Cindy


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great tips, Cindy. Good luck with your workout this month! (as I sit here eating Nutella...I'll be with you in spirit! :D) Thanks for sharing at Project Inspire{d} this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon--you're funny! I still enjoy Nutella too! (maybe a little too much!) Thanks for stopping over!

      Delete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...