Monday, January 21, 2013

Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt

We have a few Valentine's Day traditions in our house...one of them is a Scavenger Hunt. The kids enjoy reading the clues and going from room to room which leads them to the Valentine's Day Surprise!
These are pictures from 2009 (my kids have changed so much!)--I must not have taken pictures during the hunt since then (and this was way before I ever thought I'd have a blog)!!

valentines day tradition, scavenger hunt
 Clue's were typically easy! Here are a few examples to get you thinking:
  • We don't wear shoes in the house, this is where we should put them. (shoe closet)
  • ZZZZZZ this is where you find dad snoring. (parents bed)
  • The only purple room in the house. (Hailey's bedroom)
  • Crunch and munch, this is where you find the snacks. (pantry, snack bin)
  • Shhh....mom's relaxing. (whirlpool tub)
  • Craftiness happens here. (craft room)
  • Splish, splash Carson is taking a bath. (kids tub)
  • Brrr...it's cold in here! (freezer)
At the end of the hunt they find their little treat bag. Something small and simple. 

Our other tradition is making heart-shaped pizza's for dinner. Each kid makes their own! Such fun!
valentine tradtions, heart shaped pizza
valentine traditions, heart shaped pizza

So, what kind of Valentine's Day traditions does your family do?

If you like what you see, comment, pin and follow along!

Cindy

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. So cute! I will definitely be trying this! Saw this post from the Trick or Treat Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping over! Hope you have as much fun as we do!
      Cindy

      Delete
  2. I usually get/make something for my grown children and grandchildren. And give a card to hubster. I have to remind him it's Valentine's Day a few days before. ha hah aha Take care, Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2013/01/individual-lasagna-cups.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! :o) Love the heart shaped pizzas too ;)

    ~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son just mentioned to me the other day that we loves Valentines Day because he gets to eat a heart! (gross!)--but he explained that it was the heart pizza! Oh yeah, typical 7 year old!

      Delete
  4. Cute idea! I found you at the One Creative Weekend Party and I’ve become your newest follower on Pintrest. I’m also hosting a party this week and I would love for you to come by and share this at my party - Fluster’s Creative Muster.
    http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/01/flusters-creative-muster-party-4.html

    Hugs and Smiles,

    Robin
    @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and telling me! Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like my kind of Valentine's day! I do a scavenger hunt for Easter, now I have to try one for Valentine's day! Thanks for sharing at One Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun and simple and the kids enjoy it--what's better than that?

      Delete
  7. that is sooooo cute- what a creative mom you are! Its HIT Pinterest- so your idea is going viral :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited that you told me about it going viral--I never imagined it would! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. What a sweet idea! I'm definitely doing that his year, and the pizza too :)
    -Dana

    ReplyDelete

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...