Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tasty Tuesday--Grilled Tomato & Basil Pizza












Grilled Tomato & Basil Pizza

What a simple and fun summer dinner! In our hectic lives, I'm always trying to find quick and healthy dinner solutions. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Here's what you'll need:

Pizza Dough (I used dough from our local UBake, but you could use your own or one from a tube)
Olive Oil
Sliced Fresh Garden Tomatoes
Fresh Basil Leaves
Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Chopped Garlic (I just used the jar garlic)

Follow the instructions for preparing your pizza dough (I had to have mine rise, which I did while I was at work). Roll out the dough to your desired thickness.

Preheat the grill --ours is gas, so it took about 5 minutes. I brushed olive oil on both sides of the dough and the grill.  Turn down the heat of the grill to about Medium. Now your ready to put the dough on the grill. Let it cook for about 3-5 minutes, watching it closely. When it starts to puff up and bubble a bit and is golden down on the bottom, flip it over. Working quickly, put a bit of chopped garlic down first, then the tomatoes, basil and topped it off with the cheeses. Close the grill and wait about 2-3 minutes. I turned my pizza a few times around various spots on the grill so that it would cook evenly;  about 2-3 more minutes. Carefully take the pizza off the grill, slice and eat! It was delicious. I also made a turkey pepperoni one for the kids. They both tried this one and said it was surprisingly good. Not sure what that meant, really, but I'll take it!

Have you ever grilled pizza? What's your favorite toppings? I'm looking forward to doing my ultimate favorite pizza--BBQ Chicken! Can't wait!

Cindy 
Linked up at Wonderful Food Wednesday at @Home Take 2.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...