Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Kitchen Menu Chalk Board

I am rarely able to go garage sailing, but man did I find a steal about 3 years ago! I bought an old large calendar frame for $1! It was in my craft room for about 2 years before I decided what to do with it. I always plan out my weekly meals and I get tired of hearing everyone ask that dreaded question: "what's for dinner?"--now, they just need to look at the board!
Here is the result:





















To get this look, I just taped off the wood part and spray painted chalkboard paint on the plywood piece (the part that the calendar would cover). I did 3 coats of chalkboard paint.
When that was dry, I put newspaper over the chalkboard part and taped it. I spray painted the wood border a burgundy color. This took 2 coats. Once it was dry I tried out my masterpiece with chalk. Not so great! I went to the craft store and bough a package of chalk markers--MUCH BETTER!
I hung this on the outside wall of my pantry. I used the 3M Command Hook to hang it (again, avoiding and nail hole into the cabinet!). It's easy to take down and clean off! I always leave room at the bottom to put something fun--when the picture was taken, it was my husband's birthday! Sometimes I put a quote up, and funny phrase or I let the kids do something! I love this addition to my kitchen!






















I made a smaller version for my sister-in-law and neighbor friend. I will share those sometime soon!

Catch ya later!

Cindy
Linking up to the following parties:
Hookin' Up with House of Hepworths
Linky Party, Pity Party at Thirty Handmade Days
  

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love (nice) comments...let me know whatcha think:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...